Saturday, February 13, 2010

2.13.10 Weddings

I love weddings. In fact, in about and hour I am going to capture for all time, a wedding for a blissfully happy couple in Austin. It's amazing knowing that there is this wonderful service that I can provide. These images will be a part of their lives for their live forever and its exciting to know that my life has impacted someone else's in such a way. I feel like the luckiest person in the world. Thank you for letting me be a part of your life.

On another note. This morning over breakfast with the baby, Steve and I talked about what our wedding day was like. We put together a wonderful collection of wedding memories on audio tape for just this reason, it's funny to see what our mind recollects now. I remember a bubble bath and a lunch date with my girls. I know there were unplanned things that happened and someone might even consider them to be "bad," I didn't. The fond memories are the only ones that stay with you. My sister would say that worst thing that happened at out wedding was she forgot to bring my vows to the alter, I handed them to her and didn't tell her what it was for. So I turned to her in the middle of the service asking for them and she didn't have them, my husband and I skipped over this moment. I never cared about it, but she thought it was the worst thing in the world to ever happen. Even now I have to really work at it, to retrieve this memory. I guess what I'm trying to get at is this; you can plan, and plan, and plan and plan, but we're human and things go the way the universe wants them to. 
Be open. Life is a long journey. Enjoy it.
---mel


No comments: