Friday, October 3, 2008

10-3-08 Austin City Limits Festival






10-3-08 
Austin City Limits Festival is a giant festival lasting 3 days in Zilker Park Austin Texas. It spans quite a distance with it's 5 or so stages of big name bands playing. It's a claim to fame for Austin the self proclaimed "Music capital of the world." This year we covered it for The New York Times, here is a link to our coverage. As many of you know I am 7 months pregnant and getting more robust by the minute and obviously have to pee ALOT, so I spoke with the promoters, the lovely ladies of fresh and clean media and they gave me full access to the entire park including a shuttle trolly that ushers you from stage to stage. Plus since my bag is such a giant, they also gave me 2 of everything for my husband to join me as my assistant, to carry everything and help me switch lenses and what not. All in all it was glorious experience and I'm glad I got to share it with him. Here are some shots from the show. Enjoy.

In order of appearance on Saturday, Sharon Jones, Man Man, Eryka Badu, a typical "Texas" crowd shot, and Robert Plant of Plant/Krauss formerly of Led Zeppelin.
---mel

No comments: